Video problem(pics)

I would even try a reinstall of the game, sometimes the games themselves create problems, I get some strange things happening in COD2, with my graphics card at 55c, not hot at all.

I haven't overclocked it, its a XFX 7600GT XXX edition, it hAd a higher overclock from the factory, I think its 590mhz

try getting the 83 or earlier 90 series drivers if you are running nvidia cards, the newest drivers have trouble. Also, like lhuser said, take down the OC'ing or turn up your fans. I always tell my friends, check your wires and IDE cables and then buy zip ties; you could easily drop 2-3 degrees off the case temp and possiblly help your gpu out. Good luck dude.

i don't think it's overheating, i think it's a software issue, see in the last screenshot how the cockpit actually goes in front of the big tube thing, that's a software issue, drivers or the game itself, but yes there is an artifact in one of the other screenshots but artifacts don't always mean overheating

Thats hardly overclocked. Well I suppose it is for XFX because their highest is 560 or 570 something. Mine is 580mhz stock core and 1500mhz memory stock. No problems what-so-ever and it runs literally for weeks on end. Last night was the first reboot in just under a month.

None the less that is a kick ass card and shouldnt be doing it. Whats the ventilation in your case look like? Do you have continious air flow or does the hot air just revolve around inside the case?

I have a Lian-Li PC-61 case, it seems to have pretty good ventilation...

well, I downgraded the drivers, I think thats whats causing the issue because it started happenign right around then...will see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom