Video issues

madanchi

Daemon Poster
Sorry, I'm not sure were to put this thread. Anyway, I fear the worst for this problem, my videos keep on freezing and crashing the laptop after around 5 minutes of watching it.

I've got all the latest updates, codecs and drivers etc. It might be my laptops processor being damaged due to over heating (eventually). But I'd like to hear any other suggestions for this issue. It also crashes on internet videos like on youtube etc.

Sorry, I'm not sure were to put this thread. Anyway, I fear the worst for this problem, my videos keep on freezing and crashing the laptop after around 5 minutes of watching it.

I've got all the latest updates, codecs and drivers etc. It might be my laptops processor being damaged due to over heating (eventually). But I'd like to hear any other suggestions for this issue. It also crashes on internet videos like on youtube etc.

This may be too little, too late but have you tried cleaning all the vents with canned air? Laptops are prone to overheating, so the best thing to do is keep the vents clean and maybe invest in one of those laptop cooling mats.

ahh yes, thanks for the reply, sorry didnt post back sooner, had aLOT of deadline work to finish ;)

I'll try one of the canned air thigns, but tbh I also think its too late, i fear my cpu is damaged due to long term overheating - For some reason, laptop pad or canned air never came to me before :confused:

Cleaning the fan would be good but I would also recommend listening to the fan closely. Sometimes the bearings go bad and you just need to replace the fan. Usually $15 online.

Typically, computers will auto shutdown if they overheat. You should go check your power settings and see what they are set to. Usually there is a "Performance mode" and an "Energy Saver mode."

Don't you feel that it is very odd problem? I have never heard about this problem. I think it could be due to virus. I think you should try a full scanning of your PC.

A virus was my first thoughts on the matter. I've fully scanned my laptop and found 3 virus, all quaranteed and virus free now :)

Checked my fan and it does ticker every so often, so I might need it replacing - not sure were to get the part from though plus the power option is usually on high performance, but recently (last month) I've put it on Recommended

but i have had the latpop for a bit more than 2 years now and I have used it for a lot of gaming, so I guess everything could be taking its toll

Back
Top Bottom