Video Issues

jimmy1801

Solid State Member
I started playing a game, about ten mins into the game the video gets distorted and becomes pretty much unplayable.

dsc00328cd1.jpg

dsc00325bk5.jpg

dsc00324xs1.jpg

I am running;
AMD 2600+
MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR
Geforce 6600 256MB AGP
1.5GB RAM 333

Your video card may be overheating. Check to see that the fan is clean and operating properly. Does this happen with all games? How's the airflow through your case?

i thought that too, i am not sure what a good temp for my card is, i installed everest and it says the temp is 65C idle and at the time it started messing up it hit 75C. the fan is running properly. i hav tested it with two games and both do it. air flow is good.

wow, pretty bad artifacts.
But yeah, the vid card is probably overheating. If not then a driver update could work.

yeah tell me about it, i updated the drivers and still have the problem, it is an older game and was wondering if the drivers could be too new. i am going to try and use older drivers. what is a good temp for my card.

75C isn't too bad. If I remember right, the nvidia control panel will warn you if it's overheating. You could try updating the drivers.

well i did a search about the card and temps for it, on nvidia's forum someone had said that they were having issues at 75C and that seems to be the same temp i hit when the artifacts start, i took my card out and cleaned the fan, not too dirty, and applied new thermal paste. the idol temp right now is 45C, haven't had a chance to play yet. will post to let you know the results.

i dont think that it is a heat issue, my card didn't get hotter than 52C. i have no idea what is going on here.

could the memory on my card get too hot?????

Have you tried an older set of drivers? Here's the Nvidia Windows XP/2000 Driver Archive

You could be having a memory issue on the card. Try sending an email to the manufacturer's support site telling them of the problem you're having. They may recommend sending the card in for a RMA.

Back
Top Bottom