Video Freeze and Audio Looping

synth7

In Runtime
MSI K8T Neo2-FIR (AMI BIOS)
AMD Athlon64 3000+ (Winchester core, stock 1.8GHz)
Corsair XMS 1GB (2x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC3200) Dual Channel
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB (AGP 8x, latest drivers and CCC)
Windows XP Home w/ Service Pack 2
Maxtor Diamond10 200GB SATA hard drive

Long story short, I try to play any game, it will give me the video freeze and audio looping problem. Even in Counter-Strike 1.6 (a 5+ year old game), right when it loads up and I click a menu option, it will freeze the video, make the audio loop very obnoxiously for a few seconds, and then my monitor will go off, and I'll have to hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Outside of that problem, my Windows and ATI Catalyst Control Panel and both tweaked to the settings I want. On this page where it documents my problem and possible solutions, it doesn't work for me because I have fast write and write combining off, and I've never overclocked my video card. ATI Tool reports my core at 378MHz and the Mem at 337.50MHz, and I average over 140fps in the ATI Tool 3D window. I can provide any other information necessary, just ask, and hopefully we can fix this problem.

Also, running Prime95 gave me a FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 after 17 minutes of running. What could this be?

That's a stability issue. Have you overclocked anything at all? If not, something is wrong in your hardware...

hows the cooling on ur systeM? get a temperature check. cuz check my rig out. with that, my cs kept on doing the same thing too. in fact, a lot of games did that. i installed a better air cooling kit, and there's been no problems since.

I had the perfectly same symptoms of the mointor going out, and then screeching or repeated noises fromt he speakers. hope that helped. good luck and happy gaming.

Back
Top Bottom