Video Editing Software in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywash

Baseband Member
So I recently started a programming class in my highschool and, apart from the fact that it uses visual basic and not C++ like I had hoped, it's a nice class. I was hoping to get ahead of the class and make something cool. Being a YouTuber I figured I'd try to make a video editor. Only problem is I cant find any tutorials or anything like that on the subject. I figure I'm not looking in the right places so I thought I'd ask you guys if you could help me look. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help :)

when you say editing videos do you mean something like movie maker where you can cut parts of the movie and put them together at diffrent points?

please explain what you want from the project?

there is not a lot you can do in visual basic as for as editing videos go however there is a lot of code to make youtube videos players or game plays things like that.

Kind Regards

You're trying to accomplish something incredibly complex straight out of the block there. Video editing is a bit of a fine art and one that's a lot harder than you might think.

If you've got the know how, time, knowledge and patience, then there's no reason you can't do video editing in VB, but I'd suggest it's not a practical language for this purpose (and it sounds like your skill level isn't really up to this sort of task in any language.)

Think a bit more simply for now - try and make something like a calculator. It'll still have a fair amount of challenges, but without the technical complexity of what you're trying to achieve at present.

Those aren't really guides as to how to code a video editor in visual basic - the first is a directory of sourceforge applications, the second is another forum with someone asking the same thing, and the best suggestion there being FFMPEG (a highly complicated C based library with C# wrappers available, but still remaining decidedly non-trivial to learn and use.

You're trying to accomplish something incredibly complex straight out of the block there. Video editing is a bit of a fine art and one that's a lot harder than you might think.

If you've got the know how, time, knowledge and patience, then there's no reason you can't do video editing in VB, but I'd suggest it's not a practical language for this purpose (and it sounds like your skill level isn't really up to this sort of task in any language.)

Think a bit more simply for now - try and make something like a calculator. It'll still have a fair amount of challenges, but without the technical complexity of what you're trying to achieve at present.

This is true start at the basic stuff and work your way up

Mmmm i would like to suggest you to use the NLE video editing software is typically based on a timeline interface paradigm where sections of moving image video recordings known as clips are laid out in sequence and played back the NLE offers a range of tools for trimming saplicing, cutting and arranging clips across the timeline....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom