Video Cards

SantaClause

Baseband Member
I was wondering what kind of power supply and video card I could get at a local store for about $250. I currently have:

AMD Athlon 64 bit 3200+
512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
120 GB Hard drive 7200 RPM's
DVD+RW/CD-RW
CD-Rom
250 Watt PSU

Thanks

Why do you want to get it at a local store, if you get it at somewhere like newegg, you'll get alot more for your money. Also what stores are local to you?

My mom doesn't like to give me her credit card to buy stuff off the internet because of identity theft and all that other retarted stuff. I live near Best Buy, Circuit City, and CompUSA.

Check with your local grocery store. All the major chains have a prepaid visa/mastercard card .It costs like 10 bucks to use and you load it with however much that you need. This is a registered card and your purchases are protected as like the regular card.
If that isn't feasable I suggest that you trot down to the compUSA store and talk to them as they normally have better prices on that sort of thing than the others do.

The_Other_One said:
Dude, you might want to consider a new power supply before a new video card...

Umm, read what i said

SantaClause said:
I was wondering what kind of power supply and video card I could get at a local store for about $250.

A good 400watt is ALOT better than a cheap 500watt power supply. BTW, all the recent large scale ID thefts have been bank servers cracked into. This affected people regardless of online purchasing. Also at the store, any clerk can copy your cc# down, online there is alot less human iteraction. Humans steal credit cards silly, not computers :)

Back
Top Bottom