Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
I am trying to decide between a Sapphire Radeon X800XL and an Asus GeForce EN7600GS for a mid range gaming system. Both are 512MB cards, although the X800XL runs on GDDR3 instead of the GDDR2 of the 7600. I can get either one for about $150 (I really cannot afford to drop more than 200 on a card at this point in time), the Radeon being an OEM in such a case. I am asking around for soem general opinions on various forums before making my final decision.

I would say that they are both evenly matched cards, so I think that it really depends on your preference on nVidia vs ATI. On another note, why don't you save up about another $100 and get a 7900GT, which would absolutely decimate either of these cards.

Spartan666 said:
I would say that they are both evenly matched cards, so I think that it really depends on your preference on nVidia vs ATI. On another note, why don't you save up about another $100 and get a 7900GT, which would absolutely decimate either of these cards.

I rpolly woudl, by my old computer died recently and I have been using my GFs. I dont want to have to put off getting a new rig together longer than I have to.

I saw that GT a little while ago and have been thinking about it. As for that rebate one... suffice it to say I am not very trusting of rebates offered from newegg.

Bad experiences with them, eh?? All my rebates from newegg have been fine, but I really don't shop their anymore. Zipzoomfly or Monarch is the way to go, because Newegg has a warehouse in NJ and so taxes all their products here.

I dont get taxed by newegg...

Ya, the 7600gt is gonna be your best bet for the best budget card. Brands like evga, leadtek, bfg, and xfx are the type of brands you should be looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom