Video Card Upgrade

BiGdaYaNG

Solid State Member
I have an HP G50-109NR Notebook PC that I bought during the past Black Friday sales because it was cheap. I am, however, unsatisfied with the graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce GO 8200M, and I want to replace it. I just want to know if it's possible to upgrade it and what would be compatible with this laptop?

(By the way, besides using a cooling pad, what else can I do to keep my laptop from getting too hot?)

Hey and welcome.

Most laptops aren't user upgradeable I'm afraid as the graphics chips are solderered onto the boards inside.

What are you trying to play, and at what resolutions/settings?

To keep it cool, make sure you have a lot of room, beneath and around it for air to circulate. Having it in a cooler room of course helps, but other than that, there isn't that much you can do...
Especially if you are going to be gaming on it, as that would warm the graphics card up the most, which is by far the hottest of components in a computer.

Oh okay thanks. I'm trying to play Prototype and Call of Duty World at War at minimal settings, but I'm still lagging a lot unfortunately.

Yeah I did, but it still gets pretty laggy. What do you mean by mobile 8200?

Your video card. It's an Nvidia Mobile 8200gt. You could try pulling the color down to 16bit, and removing background processes. But in the end, laptops just really aren't made for gaming.

Nope, cannot be replaced. And WaW and Prototype will run pretty laggy even at lowest i would say on that card.

Back
Top Bottom