Video card suggestions

pitbull30

Baseband Member
So given my last question on blu ray & HDMI. Id like some suggestions. (i promise not to ask so many questions after i finish this build)

So I am running a ASUS M3N78 PRO mobo, AMD Quad core, 4 gb RAM, 500 watt power supply, 500 gb HD.

Right now I have the Sparkle Geforce 9400 GT 1gb card.

Heres what I am looking for:

-Better card with HDMI outlet.

-Not a noisy, loud, power hungry one.

-Able to display good on HD and Blu Ray, other applications and maybe some games. Not the high output games I always hear about like "Crysis". Im not a big gamer.

I am not sure about the memory because I am not that techie as you can see.

Budget if possible.

Much thanks.

An ATi HD4670 is a very good one for those on a budget. The 4830 if you want to go a bit higher. I don't think many will have HDMi out, but most come with an adapter, and if not, they are cheap on ebay.
unless you want to go nvidia...

EDIT: What is your monitor resolution?
1920x1080 I'm guessing.

Hi,

I have my pc hooked to a 26" LCD 1080 HDTV. Not sure about max resolution..

That card suggested is real budget in price. I would buy that right now, but I see there are no reviews. Any opinions? The one I have right now is fanless. Is this one loud?

Foothead you mentioned an adapter? is blu ray and HD able to function through an adapter? I read on google that it cant or it screws up because it is converting back and forth.

Honestly i dont know jack about ATI vs Nvidia. Seems like people always argue about it.

I didnt know about the adapter being able to run Blu ray. Yet, I couldnt get audio through it and would have to run a PC speaker setup.

Do you have experience with that last card you just posted?

That is a decent price on that. I might have to do a spontaneous july 4th buy and sell my sparkle geforce 9400gt.

I have used sapphire cards in many of my builds, but not that card in particular.

It is currently out of stock, but that card is worth waiting for.

It's supposed to be extremely quiet too.

so would you recommend I wait for that card instead of the ATI cards you mentioned above?

I was reading the reviews and they said its quiet, so I like that. Any issues with my power? Just want to make sure before I set my eyes on it and find out I plug it in and its a power hog.

Back
Top Bottom