Video Card Specs...

movinup

Baseband Member
Thanks for the info, I will check them all out.

I already have a EVGA that has served me well so I kind of favor that brand. I think I will look at the 1Gb version of the 9500GT.

I am looking at the EVGA cards at Newegg.
What specs should I look for in choosing a card?
Core clock?
Stream Processors?
Memory Clock?

You want to focus on the amount of memory, processing cores and DirectX version first. Clock speeds are important when trying to compare similar cards. Don't really do a whole lot by themselves.

Although I have COD4 (and plan to install it), it is mostly for TV, internet, word proc. in that order

i would make sure you get a nvidia 8600GT or higher, if your looking at ATI get an HD2000 or higher

if you get something lower, its not gonna last. my 8600GT dips to 40-50fps when i'm playing sins of solar empire on high with af and aa and my card is fast as f*ck (core 850. shader 1600. memory 1450.)....

youll be wishing you spent the extra dollars when you cant play dead space 2 cause your at 14fps on low

Don't limit your self to just EVGA, there are plenty of other quality partners out there.

As the others said, it mainly depends on what you want to do with it, your monitor's native res, and your budget.

Back
Top Bottom