Video card(s) for two 4k and one 1920x1200 monitor

Yeah, that seemed strange to me too. I think my backup image may have been updated too many times and encountered too many changes over the years (after a new re-image I'll typically make a new image once I get everything updated and working properly while its still fresh), but the first install had 32bit office which was replaced with the 64bit (I can't tell any difference so plan to go back to 32 so I can get the ASAP utilities back on excel), an OCZ PCI SSD, new 8.8Macafee installed to keep getting updates and 8.7 uninstalled and numerous other changes.

I have no idea why, but probably half the time I've re-imaged I've had to re-activate windows and office again (but not necessarily both at the same time...). I thought the motherboard was the only critical piece to the puzzle, but there is apparently a glitch in there somewhere.

If I can get everything working for me right off the bat with the new card and the DDU uninstaller, I plan to just dual boot for a while until I get everything installed and updated from scratch on a new SSD and make an image from that once its finally all working properly.

And I ordered the card last night from your last post.

I really appreciate all the help you've given me.

My best guess is something quirky from the original OS install to the PCI express OCZ HDD. I get an an error message half the time when trying to begin a re-image to a SATA SSD now, which then reboots itself and usually gets past that step the second time around and finishes the installation.

Back
Top Bottom