video card!!!!! need your help

huskers123

Solid State Member
i ju st bought a video card, every spec works with my pc, no and or buts about it. but i put it in my pc, i made sure i tu rned off the on board video and everything like that. and i plugged my moniter into the card, like i was suppose to. but when i turn it on, the moniter just has a blank screen, and there are a serious of beeps from my pc. maybe about 5-10 of them. wat dose that mean? and how do u suggest i go about it?? i would really apreciate your help.

thank you.

Exactly how many beeps? Are they long or short? What kind of motherboard/computer do you have? Does it still work without the video card? What brand/interface(AGP/PCI) is the video card?

The beeps meens that there is a problem with either the video card or the slot. It can also be that your video card is defective. Is it an AGP video card?

AGP boards sometimes need to be pushed in much harder than you would expect. Make sure it's seated properly.

there are about 5-10 beeps at most, they are short. I hav a PCI mother board, and my pc is a compaq, its about 4-5 yrs old (yes ancient), but we hav upgraded it a lot.

thank you for your help, i really apreciate it

i gess i probably didnt turn off the on-board video. I've been informed that if your pc is older than 4 years old, you would hav to rerout some jumper cables on the mother board, to turn the onboard video off, and switch it to the current video card that you got. I dont know how to do that. If any one knows or could find any information about it, that would be great. Ive tryed searching my self, but I'm not so sure that im looking for the right thing. Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom