Video card / Monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydras

Beta member
Hi,
I've just started building a new system from scratch but I have a problem with my XFX Geforce 7900 GT. (I think)
When I boot up the computer I get a "check signal cable" message and a black screen.
I've tried two different monitors so it's not the monitor that's the problem.
I've connceted the card to the PCI Express 16 slot and plugged in the power cords that came with the box. Are you supposed to do something else for the card to work?
I know the card isn't completly dead since the fan works.
Could this have anything to do with the connection cable because I have a old cable with a 15 pin head that dosn't fit with the card but there came another head with the graphics card that you can plug in with the old head so it fits.
But I still get "no signal".
Any help would be appreciated.

have you tried both DVI ports? make sure the card is seated properly. list your full pc specs please.

it is not necessarily the video card and can in fact be caused by pretty much any of the major parts. first thing i would check is that you have connected all power connectors to the motherboard (especially the 4 pin). make sure your memory is correctly seated

I had forgot to conncet the 4 pin! It works! Wow, I feel pretty stupid now, I got really worried there for a while I thought I had broken the card.
Thanks a lot for the help. :D

your welcome :) glad that was all. don't worry about it it is a very easy mistake to make and i must admit i've done it more than once myself. there isn't many things scarier than turning that pc on to get that message :D but there is no better feeling of relief than solving the problem. just can't get used to having that extra 4 pin plug lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom