video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.
well dells are all crap

with their crappy power supplies, powerful cards might not work in your system

however, something simple to play guild wars probably will work

just google up lavalys everest and download it and mess around and you should see if you have AGP or not

something simple eh like do you have any recommendations but yea all i wana play is guild wars with the card i have now ive played d2 starcraft warcraft3 and counter strike a few times but i used to lag on wc3 but i got more ram and nvr lagged again guild wars i lag up a bit but my colors screw up and whenever i click certain things my comp crashes or the monitor would go out for a few seconds then i get pop up that a hardware device has fail or something and i have to restart comp cause the resolution goes way crappy and colors r screwed up and thats y i think it is the video card and it would make sense cause like i said when i installed guild wars it told me not to play with the card i was using but i do n e wayz but i cant really do long missions without my comp crashing n e other opinions from n e one else?

stevenrodz said:
so i need to buy 1 from dell &has to be agp?
It comes down to this...

Does your DELL MOTHERBOARD have an AGP slot? If so, GREAT!!! Get yourself an APG Video Card.

However since DELL is the type of caring bastards that would rather you replace your entire machine as appose to you putting in a new video card, I would have to say that it's very likely that you are going to need to settle for a PCI (NOT PCI Express!!!) Video Card.

The highest chipset that I have seen in PCI to date is a GeForce FX5700LE 128Mb. There is a manufacturer called JANTON that does these types of video cards. There are a few others.

Don't expect your computer store to have these things ready in stock. They are a niche item, and they might need to order it in for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom