video card help

MattMan3288

Baseband Member
hey we just bought a compaq presario w/ pentium 4 processor.....i have BF vietnam and it runs very sluggish on the computer....i am contemplating buying a very nice video card....but i am not sure that is what i need....is the video card the key to running games smooth??? if so is it hard to install and how? help on an affordable(200 and under) and reliable card would also be nice

my computer specs are:

Compaq Presario
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
248 MB of RAm

thats all i really know...i searched for the video card in the device manager but couldnt find it....help would be appreciated thanks

Ok. I don't know a ton about computers, but one thing I think would help is if you add anothetr 256 MB ram stick which you should be able to get for around 45-50$. Your cpu seems fine for games like BFV, so I would upgrade your videocard. The card on the link I posted is a good value and I would recomend that. You may just need to update your video drivers. If worst comes to worst youd have to turn down the video settings in your games. If I can be of anymore help let me know. I will check for another post in like 7 minutes.

so best option is to go with a video carD??? i do run battlefield on the lowest settings....it sorta runs but nothing spectacular......so video card is the best option?

If I had to guess a problem, I would say it was lack of a powerful video card. So yes. Also, look into a stick of ram, its not that much money. Look at www.newegg.com they have great prices!

Back
Top Bottom