Video card has stopped working

MasterForcer

Beta member
My notebook is a Lenovo W541 and the specs are:
System: Windows 8.1
CPU: Intel Core i7-4710MQ Quad Core (2.5 GHz, 6Mb Cache, Turbo 3.5 GHz)
RAM: 8GB
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M 2GB and an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

So I was playing Space Engineers and the game was responding slow to my keyboard and mouse. I thought it might've been because the CPU was not working hard enough so I changed some of the settings of it. Afterwards it seemed to not make any difference so I updated my drivers of my NVIDIA video card and then the Device Manager kept giving the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)".

When I play Space Engineers now, only the Intel video card shows up in the menu and the NVIDIA video card is nowhere to be found. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall all the NVIDIA drivers using DDU several times. I've restored my system to a previous version when the GPU worked fine. Neither seem to work as the Device Manager displays the same error.

I also noticed that I currently have no NVIDIA Control Panel installed on my notebook. I'm not sure if it wasn't there all the time but it isn't there now.

Any help regarding solving this problem would be highly appreciated! :)

Did you install the regular Nvidia drivers? Or the special ones you need for that card? That could be your problem.

Back
Top Bottom