video card compatibilityyy

mtotho

In Runtime
ok, i wanna upgrade my gfx card on my old computer.. make some use of it, the only this is i dont know which cards are compatible, this is the current card........ Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440. its an asus motherboard, to be quite honest, im not sure which model, but the computer is a sony vaio pcv-rz14g

for all i know, all video cards are compatible, and im just making a fool of myself, im not very knowledgable in this sorry.

Any agp video card would work. That means no pci express cards. Just make sure your power supply can take a better video card.

also, this computer has a pentium 4 processor, 2.53 ghz, and a fsb of 533 mhz, lga 775, are any pentium 4s compatible, also i dont even want a pentium 4, i want somethin better so what would be compatible, im betting u need to know my mobo.

This would be the best Pentium 4 (at least from Newegg) that I think you can get for your computer, 3GHz. I think that you could get a Core Duo T2600 processor, 2.16GHz, but I haven't heard anything good about them; just the Core 2 Duos. Plus, this one's $446, kinda expensive. You can get a T2400, 1.86GHz, for $254, but like I've said, I haven't heard anything about these types of processors. You might want to get some advice from others before deciding. Also, a motherboard upgrade would allow you to get a Core 2 Duo processor, but then you'll probably need all new RAM, so it'll be pretty costly to upgrade.

No, he said that he had an LGA775 processor. So, basically, any of Intel's newest processors would physically fit in his socket, but they may not work. Your best bet is to find a LGA775 CPU with an FSB of 533 MHz, let us see it, and we'll determine whether it will work. You might could use a CPU with an FSB of 800/1066, but I'm not sure it would work without some tinkering that might not even be permitted in a locked BIOS.

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I completely read right over the LGA775 part...I'll pay more attention next time. Disregard my post of suggestions. Again, my bad.

its fine guys, i already oredered stuff to build a brand new computer, antec p180, ati x1900xtx, conroe e6600, p5w wifi deluxe, Asus P5WDH-Deluxe WIFI, 2x1gb corsair, all good stuff, i just wanted to make use of this old computer, but i thought since it had such cheap parts anyway, buying better stuff wouldnt be too expensive, but ive spent enough on this new one.

Back
Top Bottom