VGA Problem on old System.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have a P4 System hear. :eek: (I know; but please dont RIP on me.)

I have booted the System and its going in too sleep mode \ stand by mode. I cant connect a GPU to anything like the PCI eXpress slot because it simply put doesn't have one.

I am turning the system on and then the Monitor. Its going to the System Log in page and then the monitor is cutting out. I've tried vice versa such as turning the monitor on and then the Tower.

When I boot the PC I am getting the BIOS Boot Screen then its going completely blank on me.

I'm thinking it could be the on board VGA Motherboard Controller or LM (Linux Mint) GPU Drivers.

If I'm getting a VGA out put for BIOS then I wasn't sure if it was LM VGA Drivers.

I know this is an old system but I have work on it and I cant afford to just bin it at this point. I need to get the System up and running in order to get the work off it for the time being.

The monitor is a Dell 19" DVI Compatible so its pretty decent to an extent but I'm running on D-SUB.

If anyone tells me to bin this system, I will. I get it but theirs no need to point that out if you reply. :omg:

EDIT: Apologises for the thread. I've fixed the problem. Only had too connect to my T.V and make several other changes as well to accommodate my network.

No need to reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom