very strange

racincc84

Baseband Member
Whenever i right click on anything in the "my computer" window then exit the window my computer freezes. I am unable to click on anything and mush hit ctl alt del to get the task manager ( which still works fine) so i am able to restart without just turning the power off. I have reformatted my hd and am still having the problem. I'm running xp pro with service pack 1 on a dell dimension 4550 with the pentium 2.4ghz processor.

what do you expect... its a dell... and lots of teh time they drop hardware alot during the build phase and it damamges it and they ship it anyway.

I worked there and my fiancee still works there.. heck hes a builder! both of us have seen people drop stuff a d while I was there I was working by the ram cabinet and they constantly were coming back for more and more ram! also they werent all properly grounded and once a system was smokin. literally.. adam just got doen building and setted it up for testing and when he hooked it up it started smokin!

so I defiatly think its a ram or HD problem. it must have an error reading from the disk and also yoru ram may be defective.

Go into your Event Viewer (Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Click on Event Viewer) and look at the Application and System logs and see if you see any errors that may have resulted from it happening. That may let you know what is causing the error.

When I have had hard drives going bad in the past there were always some sort of hard drive errors in the event logs.

there was an error with the source being perflib ( i have no idea what that is) and there was another one with an application hang that involves explorer. how could i go about fixing these? I find it hard to believe its a hardware problem because everything else is fine.

well if you keep having problems with your harddrive maybe you shoud do a surface check to see if you have any bad clusters on your drive. ether its a hardware problem, or maybe somekind of conflicked with hardware i dont know.

if it's a pirate / counterfitet version of xp theni suggest that you get a legal operating system - the illigeal ones have a lot of problems and dont work properley with windows update

Back
Top Bottom