Very odd Windows error, and trouble connecting to the Internet.

k0409964

In Runtime
Okay here is the problem, last week i suddenly got disconnected from my ISP (Tiscalli, possibly the worlds worst ISP).

Okay the main computer in our house was connected to the internet via a network cable plugged into the back of a Belkin wireless modem router, and the rest of the computers in the house connected wirelessly and everything has been working fine until the phone line light on the Belkin Router suddenly turned off when Tiscalli upgraded us from 2mbits to 8, although the telephone exchange in the area will only go to about 6mbits.

Ever since they upgraded us the router will now not connect to the phone line and consequently the internet. i have ungraded the firmwire etc but still no good, the only modem that will work is the shit Sagem one that you get free from Tiscalli!! so first off has anyone any ideas on why the Belkin suddenly stops working!?

secondly, you remember I said that our main computer connects to the net by plugging via a networking cable directly into the Belkin router, now the Belkin no longer connects to the internet when you try and log on to one of the profiles in Window (i have a completely legal copy on Windows XP professional) an error box comes up saying

"A PROBLEM IS PREVENTING WINDOWS FROM ACCURATELY CHECKING THE LICENSE FOR THIS COMPUTER. ERROR COD 0x8007007e"

Does anyone have any ideas on the two problems above, if so i would be very grateful as i have no way of logging on to the main computer.

If you need any more info please just ask.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Back
Top Bottom