Very BAD TIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
win98/win2k mandrake 9.2 here... <<<has worked with linux for some time and trust me...ive re-formatted and deleted partitions in the past due to ...parden this expression..."Ignorant mistakes"
Do not be affraid to use dual partions to operate windows and linux...just be sure you know what your going to do and the steps involved before you do it... find an old junk drive to practice on...spend 20-30 bux on a junk drive (one that works preferably :p ) and run a test install... if you can get one large enough to put both operating systems on it..even better...
just remember... run Chkdsk on the drive... defrag it completely and backup everything on it before doing something of this magnatude. i messed up a cpl partitions just practicing to install redhat my first time a cpl-3 years ago...it was like version 6 i think or so...hehe... now mandrake linux is well suited to resize your partition..it did it for me without a hitch (version 9.2) but be sure you chkdsk and defrag your drive first...
:)

'Tis precisely these errors that turn us into experts! If I had a nickle for every "lost HD", for every "Oh sh**!" after choosing the wrong HD in fdisk, for every wrong Y after that last "are you sure?", then... I'd have a couple dozen nickles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom