Veritas Backup Exec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Anyone use Veritas Backup Exec. 8.0? If so, do you experience any failed but successful backups of mainly .pst files? If so, did you fix it and how? Thanks

Veritas?! i played against a guy with that name in counter strike... i hated that guy....

as for the program sorry no.

Warez Monster said:
Anyone use Veritas Backup Exec. 8.0? If so, do you experience any failed but successful backups of mainly .pst files? If so, did you fix it and how? Thanks

tells you that the file is corrupt? this usually happens when the user still has outlook open. Or maybe the file is still locked when the backup occurrs.

I found out what it was. Last night I scheduled another backup at 11:39 pm when there would be no one here at work. Came in this morning, there was a failure, this time, only one file was so called corrupt. Looked at the log, was the same user as yesterday. So I asked him if he leaves his Outlook running when he leave for work, he told me yes so that told me thats what was causing this. I'm going to run another backup tonight at the same time to see if it is a success, more than likely i will. Thanks

Yes we were running the Advanced Open File Option on our version of veritas, but the volume of data was to great to be able to let it snapshot. We have to backup a terabyte of data on that server so we had to ditch the AOFO cause the snapshot was causing other drives to run out of space :)

Usually when I have pescky users like that who leave there machines logged on with items to cause the backup to fail I just remove the item in question from the backup and tell them to bad when they lost it and want us to restore it :) We have strict policy here for leaving machines logged in and leaving passwords on the monitor and such..we take no nonsense..lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom