Venting some frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
September 2008 - I buy Creative Labs speakers

Later in September 2008 - I return them to Circuit City because they are defective, and buy new ones at buy.com because CC was out of stock.

October 2008 - I send them back to Creative because by the time I received them from buy.com, I only had like 2 days to replace them for a new one - same problem.

November 2008 - I return by third set to Creative due to the same defect. I tell them I want a different model because this old one is obviously defective. They say they will "make a note that I want a different model"

January 2009 - I get the same model, and I return the fourth set to Creative due to the same defect.

February 2009 - I call them and tell them to give me my money back. They obviously say they can't, but will give me a different model. They say they can replace it with the Itrigue-3220. I say no, I don't want that. Then they say they could give me the Itrigue 3200 and I say fine because I want to be done with them. I wrote on the RMA form that I sent with the speakers "EXPECTING I-TRIGUE 3200 IN RETURN".

April 1 2009 - I get the new speakers. They sent me the 3220's. I died a little bit inside.

I feel sorry for whoever is working at the RMA department tomorrow... I'm currently preparing a list of the most abstract swear words I can think of.

FML

Ya some RMA departments are a joke. I guess I don't understand why places can't give you your money back... I mean seriously, from a business standpoint I just don't get it. If you are returning a product they aren't going to get full price if they end up refurbishing the unit, so they'd rather keep dumping new products to a consumer that will continue to defect.

Cut your losses, quit looking at the sunk cost of the original purchase and give the consumer their money back.

Hey, it could be worse. You could have found out you're not going to have a job when you move. ;D

But on the upside, I have decent PC speakers. Lol.

Hey, it could be worse. You could have found out you're not going to have a job when you move. ;D

But on the upside, I have decent PC speakers. Lol.

Yeah... well at least I can afford these speakers, but unfortunately I purchased them SEVEN MONTHS AGO and have been without a working set of speakers this whole time. I hooked up an audio cable to my TV and run sound through there for the time being... so lame.

I've been wanting to get a new set of speakers for years, I have an old Creative 2.1 system, I don't even remember what model it is...one of the speakers fades in and out sometimes.

EXACTLY

It's a 2.1 Creative system I've been dealing with this whole time
Every few seconds it goes really loud, then really quiet... not "fades in and out sometimes" though... it's very extreme and does it without fail 100% of the time.

I've had mine for 5 years or so, and they still work most the time...but I still want a better set.

do you want a new set of speakers?
if yes:
a) how much would you pay for a new set of speakers?
b) do you need surround speakers? (stereo speakers generally are better sounding, because more money goes into to each driver. It's generally either more speakers, or better speakers)

I had similar issues years back.

I have since steered completely clear of Creative and anything afiliated with them.

As a result, I am a happier person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom