Vcore is wrong and I cannot change it.

Jk

In Runtime
This is my brother's computer:
CPU - Pentium D 830 (no overclock) with ultra cooler.
MOBO - Abit lg-95z
RAM - 1Gb ddr2
PSU - Ghetto 235w with homemade 4pin :D
It has good ventilation and all that.

Anyways I was on his computer and I decided to check the temps using HWmonitor and it was idling at 55c so I tripped out. I went and put some new as5 on it but it was still the same. Then I checked the bios and it confirmed the 55c. When I checked vcore It said 1.35 but on the internet I saw that the stock is supposed to be 1.25 so I went to go change it. Great! I couldn't find a setting for vcore. It will let me change clock but It will not let me change the vcore. There is a menu labeled "clock frequencies/voltage control" or something like that but it is not under there.

So now I decided that I would try a bios flash but he doesn't have a floppy drive, does anyone know how to flash bios another way?

If the Bios flash dosen't work is there a way to change vcore or cool down this computer, or am I screwed?

Thanks in advance.

I was hoping that they put vcore adjustments in the new bios. I don't see why they would put fsb adjustments but no vcore.

Is this an ECS board by chance?

nvm, just read the OP again. The ECS boards are like that.

As long as you're load temps are under 70c, then you won't have to worry, the Ds can take a fair bit of heat.
You should check Abit's site to see if they have a BIOS update for your board. You could also put the BIOS update file on a USB stick or with use an OS based program.

Well, yeah i heard they were good for 68 so I ran orthos and it kept rising and hit 68 so I quit it. My brother just uses it for Youtube and stuff like that so it never gets anywhere close to 100% load but it would be nice to know that it wouldn't overheat just in case. I've just been letting him use it anyways and I check the temp every once in a while.

So I just go to abit.com and get the update and put it on my flash drive, put it in his computer and boot it? I have never done a BIOS flash before so I'm not sure how to do this.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a vcore setting.
Take another look, find the overclocking things and it should be somewhere on the same page. (at least this is how it is in asus boards)

as for the bios flashing, they should have instructions on their website. Follow those carefully, bios flashing is the one thing that can screw up the pc easily. :D

Well I expected to find the vcore in the section labeled "voltage control" but for some reason it wasn't there:rolleyes: . I checked the other places but I couldn't find it.

Main Screen
PIC_0032.jpg

The Frequency/Voltage Screen
PIC_0033.jpg

Advanced BIOS Settings
PIC_0037.jpg

Advanced Chipset Settings
PIC_0034.jpg

CPU Features
PIC_0038.jpg

Power Managment
PIC_0035.jpg

PC Health
PIC_0036.jpg

As for the bios flash, the abit website tells me how to do it with a floppy disk. The only problem with that is that no computer in my house has a floppy drive. I've heard that you can do it with a flash drive but I don't know how to do this.

Also does anyone know how to adjust the settings for the CPU fan in the PC Health Section?

Back
Top Bottom