VB 6

I am beginning to see a lot of these languages are very similar. I think once I can get my head round one it will become easier and easier. I like JavaScript though for the reason you don't have to pass values into a function to use them (obviously depending on what you need to do, you may want to pass in a variable as a parameter and return a result, which IIRC won't change the initial value of the global variable which was used within the function), whereas in PHP you must either pass in a variable as a parameter or make use of the global keyword :rolleyes:

With OOP languages, you can just make class variables, and declare them either private to be only accessible by the class that contains them, or public to be usable by other classes / methods.

Does VB make use of 'static' and 'public'/'private' modifiers? I haven't come across it yet in the tuts and we've moved from variables to conditional statements?

Regards,

Lab.

Thank you very much. I am glad to see an official site dedicated to VB as I will be able to reference this whenever I need help and know it's the best resource to be learning from.

Definitely being inserted to my bookmarks :D

Thanks dude,

Kind regards,

Lab.

Back
Top Bottom