V - The 2009 TV Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Oh yes!!! I remember the mid 80's series. I have been hearing about plans for remaking this series for the last 5 or so years now.

Is due to be released some time later this year. I can not wait. Now that BSG is over, this gives me a new series to look forward to.

Sweet, finaly something decent to watch on tv again... They better not screw the story over to much, as they already took the whole food and water part out it seems...

That might come in later.

Personally i was hoping that they were finally going to do V - The Second Generation which is set 20 after V the Final Battle

Set 20 years after the original miniseries, The Second Generation depicts an Earth still under Visitor domination with the Resistance fighting a losing battle. They desperately try to persuade the masses that the Visitors are evil aliens bent on mankind's destruction. However, they are largely ignored, as the many technological and social advancements brought by the Visitors to the planet have convinced the majority that the aliens have their best interests in mind. They are halfway to taking all of the planet's water, under the guise of cleansing it of all polluting substances. Many people were also convinced to join the Visitors' civilian militia, the Teammates (an evolution of the miniseries' Visitor Youth), for the purposes of hunting resistance members.

Just when all seems hopeless, the message that Resistance leader Juliet Parrish sent into space at the end of the original miniseries is finally heard. An alien race called the Zedti, who are long-standing enemies of the Visitors, reinforces the Resistance in their time of need and soon the war is turned in their favour. However, all is not as it seems, as the Resistance is wondering whether they have found salvation...or have replaced one alien dictator for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom