Using your video card to run Folding@Home

Which video card are you currently running??

• X1950 Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X1900 Series

• X1800 Series

• X1600 Series

• Other

• 38x0 series

• 2900 series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
EDIT: If you vote, please post up what you voted for!! If you have an NVIDIA card, you would vote for OTHER, NOT the ATI equivalent of your card./EDIT

EDIT:Folding@Home - Folding@Home Distributed Computing
For more info, see the 2 Tech-Forums threads that are linked at the bottom of this post/EDIT

If anyone is using the following video cards, you should be able to run the GPU Folding@Home client, which is more powerful than the standard CPU client.

Only ATI Cards are supported at this time, as they are more powerful for the work that the application does...
  • X1950
  • X1900
  • X1800
  • X1600
  • HD 2x00 with catalyst 8.4
  • HD 38x0 with catalyst 8.4
Driver compatilibility sourced from Folding@Home forum portal
The following versions of Catalyst are known to work with the GPU client:

• [*]6.5
    [*]6.10 - 6.11
    [*]7.2 - 7.6
    [*]8.4
The GPU client will work with these drivers with a significant performance hit:

• [*]6.6
    [*]6.7
The following drivers do not work at all with the GPU client:

• [*]6.8
    [*]6.9
    [*]6.12
    [*]7.1

Right now, we have 26 active members on our folding team, and with even a handfull more participants, we could boost that considerably considering the amount of active posters we have. We are also nearing the one million point mark for the team.

Also, for any of you PS3 owners out there, the firmware available as of March (so I have read) supports folding on your PS3. Any PS3 folders joining the team would pretty much be boosted into the top ranks, since they are much more power than the CPU's & GPU's that are folding.

[SIZE=+1]Tech-Forums.net Team Number: 12864
Tech-Forums.net - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats[/SIZE]

Here are some of the Folding threads in the Announcements Forum
http://www.techist.com/forums/f4/folding-home-107774/ (locked, use new thread below)
http://www.techist.com/forums/f4/new-hopefully-bug-free-folding-home-thread-144306/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f4/f-h-team-tech-forums-milestone-clubs-127704/

I wish I had known before hand how well ati cards were suited for folding.. I put all my older parts for sale on ebay a while back.. I could have made a decent folding computer.

Nukem, we have some competition... there is an 'un-known' on the forums folding as cvb724... currently has a 456 point 24 hour average...

At first thats what I was thinking, because I didn't recall seeing the username around, and I tried a search and got nothing, but Nitestick tipped me off that cvb724 is cvb724... lol whoops.

I have a NVIDIA card, unfortunately. My next card will be an ATI, though.

Wow lance... are you talking folding with 4 GPU clients, or 4 CPU clients?? If you are having trouble with the nix client, you might want to check out the Stanford Folding forums... they are generally pretty good in assisting with client issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom