using internet in the apple stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a deepfreeze for mac, but I doubt apple stores use it.

I love deepfreeze, makes life for any admin easy, especially if you get a enterprise/corporate edition.

One thing that I am not happy about with the Apple Shops is the way they seem to be setting themselves up just about every where and screwing over the local retailers.

Australia just had the Grand Opening for the Castle Hill's Apple Shop. Walked passed this last week and there was a huge queue outside the shop. Honestly I don't understand Apple Users and the need to visit an appleshop just because it's a grand opening. But I do think that Apple must be hiring out a rent-a-crowd.
Anyways, there was this HUGE queue going out the door for the castle hill shop. Then I walk passed Next Byte, who is a well known locally run and owned Apple Dealer and found the shop vacant. And this is the same shopping center on the same level. The 2 shops might only be about 200 meters apart.

However it really does annoy me on how Apple as been setting up their own shops and screwing over the locally own Apple Retailers.

However back on subject, treat the internet connection at an Apple Shop the same why that you would treat an internet connection at an Internet Cafe or any other Public Hot Spot. Do not trust them that they are going to clear internet cache and you are an idiot if you are doing any thing sensitive on it.

I would imagine they have something like DeepFreeze installed like other public computer access chains like Kinkos and the local libraries do.

I remember this one internet CAFE that I use to go too where there was a copy of Ghost installed on all the PC. As soon as you logged off, it would re-image the PC and set every thing back to a default setting. This did mean that there was 5 minutes where that PC was not in use, but then again they had the vast number of PCs there, so finding one available was not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom