Using a laptop in a delivery van in summer, very hot weather????

apples0_17

Baseband Member
Using a laptop in a delivery van in summer, very hot weather????

Hey I want to use my old laptop in my delivery van so that I can have acces to my product prices etc.

I'm concerned about using it in the heat of the summer, right now it is 41 degrees (105.8). It would be okay when I'm in the van with the A/C on, but when I go see a customer for 1/2 hour the cabin temperature skyrockets.

What will this do to my laptop? It must get up to like 55-60degrees without the AC. I could throw a lamb rost in there but that will be for another post.

So will using a laptop in the van be an issue with the heat at all?

Peter

yes I have seen thosebut really I don't know how effective that would be in such high temperatures. I was thinking today that it wouldn't be that hard to build up some kind of aluminium heatsink with two or three 12 V fans attached to it. that might work as well.

How would the LCD screen handle the high temperatures inside the cabin though?

I would get a stand for your laptop and the undercooler.. But I don't think I would leave it in the van without the car running or it could ruin the computer after a little while. Bring a briefcase or something so you can take the computer with you if the computer was to be in there without the car running. Just a suggestion

Back
Top Bottom