Using a 51 Inch Plasma Screen

aaron_cg

Solid State Member
Since the LCD monitor is acting up, I hooked the computer up to our tv which is a Samsung - PN51D450. The computer runs fine on it and the screen looks good, my only problem is I can not play games on it. I have tried to launch COD 4, Black Ops, to no avail. How can I make it to where these games will work... The tv is hooked up to the video card via HDMI Cable.

It says "mode not supported"

Heres what i got when taking a screen shot... Obviously the game is running, I jst cannot view it or something. What I see is a black screen with a gray box and the phrase, "Mode not Supported" in it.

image:

https://picasaweb.google.com/103117591375612570878/Screenshot#5650466980539759874
%5CUsers%5CAaron%5CDesktop%5CScreenshot.jpg
Screenshot

Oh okay then. "Mode not supported" is what appears on televisions when the input signal is outside the spec of what they can display. Use your video card's control panel to force it to the native resolution (1280x720?) at 60Hz and it should work.

I don't have an nvidia card, so I cannot give instructions on how to do that. Maybe someone else can help?

Thank for the advice, but im just going to switch it back to the lcd and "suffer" the bad coloring, while i search for a solution.

Back
Top Bottom