USB safety remove not appearing.

atomichybrid

In Runtime
Hi all,

I have just made a fresh install and installed some software to get started with the new year.

I have a stupid problem, my USB cannot safely remove as there is no option on the taskbar. I can run explorer and eject them from there, but when it comes to external hard drives its a no go, has the same error in the screen shot but I cant run explorer and eject it, as there is no option.

Here is the weird thing, some of my USBs have the eject option and its displayed in the devices and printers window. It might have something to do with the software in between but the software would be office, adobe and updated drivers, with no errors in the installation. I don't really understand how this could happen. If someone could lead me to the right direction that would be great.

vEl0ujL.png

kag22P4.png

Comp specs are:
Intel Core i7 6700
16Gb ram
samsung evo 256gb ssd
Asus Z170 PRO GAMING Motherboard
2 x AMD HD 7870
Corsair 750W PSU
Windows 10 Pro

Last edited:
clik and open my computer in top cornor of pc find drive in there r/click it and find eject

Yeah I have thought of that alternative but doesnt work with external hard drives. Ended up with 3rd party software, which is ridiculous considering it should have worked in the first place.

Unplug the device open the Device Manager click view > Show hidden devices.

look into the “Disk drives” tree, right-click the name of your external drive and select uninstall
look into the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” tree, look for a greyed/ghosting “USB Mass Storage device” and again, right-click uninstall it

Then try reconnecting the USB drive, Windows should start installing the drivers and now hopefully detect it as a removable media.

Back
Top Bottom