USB Headphones randomly stop working

M16

In Runtime
Hello TF! Long time no post. I like the new layout.

Lately I have been having trouble with my usb headset randomly stop working. (Mic dosn't work and no sound) Normally it will work fine.
This is the headset I have.
Creative 70GH014000002 3.5mm / USB2.0 Connector Circumaural Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Headset - Newegg.com

I'm using the usb adapter. The 3.5mm jack will work just fine at all times, I'm just tired of unplugging the speakers and plugging the headset back in and vice versa.

When the sound goes out while playing a game I used to be able to Alt+Tab out, open sound options, disable the headset, re enable it get back to the game and the sound would work fine. Now, when this happens I'm not able to get sound back or get the mic to work in game. Though it WILL work with the computer in general, just not the present game. Almost as if the sound cuts out for a split second and the computer switched to another sound output. Of course restarting the game makes the sound work again.
I do have current drivers installed form the creative site. I'm at wits end here. lol
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz
Memory: Crucial 4GB DDR2
Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB
Video Card: GeForce EVGA GTS 450 1GB GDDR5
Monitor: LG 24" Widescreen
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R LGA
Computer Case: Ultra X-Blaster ATX
Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80 Plus