USB fricken' hates me and my poor PC

Nateo200

Baseband Member
Ok so my PC has had a major problem with USB! for some reason if I plug
more than like 3 USB Devices in at once it won't reconize my Mouse, iPod, Bluetooth dongle, all USB stuff! Is it possible I'm overweming my USB ports? I have 6 of them plus a hub which sounds rediculous but I run allot of stuff off my PC. I think it might be my power supply...

My guess is that they are all sucking too much power. Try getting a self powered hub and see if that works.

Also could be that your computer doesn't support that many USB devices.

You might also look into a possible issue with 2 of the devices. Maybe there is a combination that is causing a conflict.

My guess is that they are all sucking too much power. Try getting a self powered hub and see if that works.

Also could be that your computer doesn't support that many USB devices.

You might also look into a possible issue with 2 of the devices. Maybe there is a combination that is causing a conflict.

Ok thats what I thought. I'm on my second power supply after blowing the first, I'm running to HDD so its probably power. Do you reccomend any good power supplys? I'm running a 380 watt right now its seams a bit low now that I really think about it....

Ya try 500W. That's a nice one there.

Keep in mind, it might just be that the computer doesn't support that many devices either...

However, it won't hurt to upgrade to a 500W PSU in either case.

Back
Top Bottom