USB Driver Update Crashing After Installing and Restarting

ghostlynoob

Beta member
Okay, so I just got a new motherboard in the mail on November 28, Built it with a little bit of technical help from other people, and I thought everything was going to work fine. Almost everything did work fine when I started installing the drivers included in the motherboard disc. I did the express install and had the more mandatory driver updates installed. When I restarted it, the blue screen came up and I was forced to do it again. After installing each driver one by one and restarting the computer after each installation, I finally pinpointed the cause of the blue screens. It was the Intel USB 3.0 Driver (100 Ser).

I took it to a tech shop that looked at it to see what the problem was (they helped me assemble it too), and when they looked at the blue screen they said it was the AMD driver on my computer. They told me to start fresh again and don't install anything, just the USB driver update. Which I did, but the AMD driver was still in it by default even after setting everything back to factory default.

Now, I have a NVidia GTX 750ti installed, and the hard drive had been recycled from my old computer, but I had completely wiped the entire hard drive just to make this rig start up, but I have a vague idea why an AMD driver is on my pc. I also used the clean uninstall tool from AMD but even after that, it still crashed.

Long story short, the USB driver update is crashing my computer after installing it and restarting and here's the picture of the blue screen because this machine doesn't save the crash logs. This is after I did the clean ininstall of AMD and before I installed anything else from the mobo disc.

I'm gonna get it replaced once Monday hits, but I'd like to see this fixed if possible, because I don't want this to also happen to the replacement.

hmPO5PW.jpg

Firstly, don't install the drivers off of the motherboard disc. Get the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's site, or even better: from each individual component manufacturer's site. That way you have the latest drivers and will rule out any possible compatibility issues.

Back
Top Bottom