USB audio interface issue

Are there any browsers that still support XP?
Although not impossible but no browser support makes it a little tougher to search the web. I never tried going on line with that W2K laptop I use for media.

Are there any browsers that still support XP?
Although not impossible but no browser support makes it a little tougher to search the web. I never tried going on line with that W2K laptop I use for media.
Yea, Mypal68 is integrated into Integral with latest updates. Supports up to date extensions like Ublock as well. I really only use it to Google certain things like mods or Vogons for drivers. Youtube doesn't play too well on those old boxes lol. Once I'm done mixing a song on my main PC I'll be trying to put XP on it to see what's what. The original intent was to make a fun video about daily driving XP on a modern rig but my motivation for that was lost a while ago so it'll just be for funsies.
I've actually kind of neglected my XP rig since my X-Fi Xtreme Music half way bit the dust.

I use the new PC to play fortnite and I also stream fortnte to YouTube sometimes.

The sound card is for getting audio to my pc from my stereo and to my stereo from my pc.

Eventually I'm going to get a Roland Rubix 24 or 44 USB audio interface when I have the extra money, but for now I have to make what I have work.

Perhaps, however the Roland has balanced line level inputs along with microphone level inputs.

When I researched USB audio interfaces for use at church it took a bit to find a USB audio interface of any reasonable quality that has balanced line level inputs.

Plus the Roland does up to 32 bit 192kHz.

Which focusrite would you recommend?

Perhaps, however the Roland has balanced line level inputs along with microphone level inputs.
All Focusrite Scarlett inputs are balanced in both XLR and 1/4". The output is also balanced L and R.
Plus the Roland does up to 32 bit 192kHz.
You won't ever need anything like that. If you're using any of these devices for actual recording the highest you'll want to do is 24/96 but the average is 16/44 because that's "studio" standard. I have tracked an entire song on the Scarlett 2i2 24/48 and sample down to 16/44 for the final output.

What I like about the Scarlett is I can monitor either channel natively through headphones without looping through my PC. This is good for streaming so you can hear yourself without any processing.
Which focusrite would you recommend?
That depends on how many inputs you need. For just a mic I would do the 1i2 gen 3. I got the 2i2 gen 3 as a birthday present and have used it for almost everything.

Back
Top Bottom