USB audio interface issue

Some people have some legitimate reasons for not wanting to move over, but the majority just think they're being little rebels by holding off. Like a Karen telling a cashier that doesn't care you just lost my business.....until xyz comes out or they drop security patching due to being EOL. It was understandable with 8 which was unanimously hated. 10 and 11 though, not much sense.

Can you explain to us what is so bad about Windows 11?

I'm using it right now and cannot find the first bad thing about it.

Sure some things are done differently, but that's all I've noticed.
Well for a start off your using it it now and finding it okay you say but then you have come on to a forum because it's not working for you.

One of the first things most people notice about an operating system is the way it looks when it is first turned on. WinXP gave us pretty music and a nice country view when switched on. Vista, Win 7 took us back to Windows 95 and Windows 2000. Windows 10 didn't do much but the icons are pretty unlike Win 11 which has bland boring icons. Okay that's flim flam really but it is all true. Once you get past the operating system everything is the same no matter what you use.

I had issues with 10 as well, but that doesn't mean it was bad.

I know the issue is not the OS itself, but the fact that the latest drivers didn't even say it would work with windows 10.

It also could be the way windows 11 handles things and also due to having e and p cores in the processor.

I'm surprised the card even worked in windows 10 honestly.

Well for a start off your using it it now and finding it okay you say but then you have come on to a forum because it's not working for you.
Because he's trying to use a cheap audio interface from 2008 on an operating system 13 years newer.
One of the first things most people notice about an operating system is the way it looks when it is first turned on. WinXP gave us pretty music and a nice country view when switched on. Vista, Win 7 took us back to Windows 95 and Windows 2000. Windows 10 didn't do much but the icons are pretty unlike Win 11 which has bland boring icons. Okay that's flim flam really but it is all true. Once you get past the operating system everything is the same no matter what you use.
So cosmetic, like I said.
It also could be the way windows 11 handles things and also due to having e and p cores in the processor.
It's the drivers. I sometimes get that problem on some of my audio interfaces even designed for newer OS. My recording laptop runs W10 and I sometimes get distorted audio issues with a Focusrite Gen 3. A reboot or relaunch of Reaper usually clears it up, but it's how the driver is handling the audio pipeline. I've had this issue as far back as the SB 16.

A little FYI:
When I first installed my DAC for a legacy receiver I had a heck of a time getting it to work.
No drivers for Windows 7 (Windows 10 has them by default) Had to go with a third party driver
I had to remove all the software for the mother boards audio and disable the on board from within the bios. After that I got it working. Still on W7 though :( but the audio has not given me an issue for several years now

It's change they hate.
Hi Ikonix360, Your right. It is definately change most of us hate. My personal favorite was Windows 7 and 10. I had problems with Windows Xp. I experimented a little with Vista but not enough to say werther or not I liked it. I thought Windows 98 was a decent operatng system but you had to be careful of threats because it wasn't as secure as the newer OS. I personally feel as though Microsoft is forcing us to upgrade because they stop supporting an operating system after a few years when there is nothing really wrong with the previous operating systems. I feel we are wasting perfectly good operating systems because microsoft stopped supporting them and its sad that Windows 10 support will eventually end and we will be stuck using crappy Windows 11. Its just not fair dammit. Older operatig systems trully can be made secure with good quality firewalls and other security software. If microsoft would support all operating systems, there would be more options and work arounds to support compatibility issues.

I don't think it's fundamental to like or dislike an icon. After all, it's individual and different people like different things.
What is more important is whether and how the thing itself and at all works, how stable it is and what can be done with it.
Unfortunately, now this so-called Windows 11 has been publicly available for about 2 years, but so far there is no version that works at least as well as today's Windows 10. And look, this is important.
And just as long as there are those who say "but everything works fine for me", this monopoly Microsoft can freely push its manure on everyone. And it's terrible.
However, the difference must be made between whether the thing does what it is designed for or whether someone just likes it because there are beautiful icons and a beautiful wallpaper. However, these are very secondary matters.

I'll give a proper answer when I get home from work (cannot access this site from work), but for now I'll give a brief answer before work.

I suspect windows 11 is different enough to where drivers that worked fine in 10 just won't work 100%.

Also far as I know it only does it with fortnite running.

I'll give a proper answer when I get home from work (cannot access this site from work), but for now I'll give a brief answer before work.

I suspect windows 11 is different enough to where drivers that worked fine in 10 just won't work 100%.

Also far as I know it only does it with fortnite running.
I noticed the same problem with USB devices not working in newer OS versions. It is possible that the USB version is different on a newer version of Windows from the USB version of the previous Windows version. I accessed device manager and noticed that the previous USB version was 2.0 on the older OS and the newer USB version was 3.0 on the Windows 10. That may have something to do with USB devices not working as expected. Many of the older camera devices and printers are not compatible with Operating systems with new USB versions.

Back
Top Bottom