USB 3.0: What You Need To Know About SuperSpeed USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: USB 3.0: What You Need To Know About SuperSpeed USB

USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 are serial bus standards that connect devices to computer systems. Most users probably know USB from devices like external hard drives, keyboards, mice but also mobile devices which are usually connected via USB to computer systems these days. USB 2.0, also known as Hi-Speed USB, was the first upgrade to the USB standard in April 2000 which delivered faster transfer speeds. The transfer speed rose from 12 Mbit / s for USB 1.0 devices to 480 Mbit / s for USB 2.0 devices.

Been waiting for this to release. I wonder what it will first appear on.

I like the idea of being able to run larger external HDDs without a power plug.

Wasn't there already a huge thread on this here? Because I remember a lot of people actually trashing it till some members explained the new added benefits of it...

Imagine, though... with the transfer rates USB 3.0 is claiming, it should be more than possible at least in the basic levels. USB 3.0 for consoles could mean that you just buy a "Company Certified" external drive and can then easily take it around to peoples houses, run games off of it, etc.

True, but that would open a new world to console mods and hacks.... They will limit what it can do if consoles adapt to this tech...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom