USB 2.0 and USB 1.1

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
How can I tell whether i have 2.0 or 1.1 ports? I know i have both, but i don't know which ones are 2.0 and which ones 1.1

thanks

edit: oh and also, is USB 2.0 faster or Firewire for video transfer

usually in device manager it will say "enhanced" or "standard enhanced" in the description of the usb port.

USB 2.0 is supposed to be decent for video transfer, but I've always had better luck using my firewire ports for it. IMO ... firewire is still faster in video transferring than USB 2.0.

it would be great if you tell us what kind motherboard do you have? 2nd.. Firewire is faster than USB2.0.. The older version of firewire is only 400mbps,, not 800.. only the recent firewire *sinces the mac release* have been 800..

sin said:
it would be great if you tell us what kind motherboard do you have? 2nd.. Firewire is faster than USB2.0.. The older version of firewire is only 400mbps,, not 800.. only the recent firewire *sinces the mac release* have been 800..

thats y the mobo is in my sig!!

YEs, but in any case

USB 1.1 maximum transfer rate is 12Mbits/second

Hi-Speed USB mode is capable of a much faster 480Mbits/second.

so it is relitively the same, I.E 400 to 480, it you have the new stuff it pwns, mini_2003 do you even have firewire, b/c you mobo i think does not come with it.

yes i do have firewire...it is on the front of the case
and the reason i was asking for the 1.1-2.0 thing was because i have this 2.0 USB device a video capture device, and when i plug it in it says a HIGH-SPEED USB DEVICE IS PLUGGED INTO A NON-HIGH-SPEED USB HUB
is it possibly the USB cable that is too slow, because i got it sepeartley from the device
thanks

well, 2.0 Usb has 3 settings, and well your going to have to change it from Low or medium to HIGH, i dont know how tho. This is if its not already on High in that case you may not have it in 2.0 which i am sure you know by now.

Back
Top Bottom