US keyboard replacement to UK

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have a US keyboard in a HP mini 110-3130nr (replacement part number "608769-001"

Searching on eBay I can find this part number that I can get hold of from the UK (all from china and Japan)

I notices there is a similar keyboard but in the UK layout that is the same part number apart from the last few digits this part number is "608769-031" instead of "608769-001"

im guessing that the last part of the replacement code is related to what layout the keyboard is. for example a keyboard in the French layout would show a different last 3 digits.

I found a UK part on eBay for £25 but im afraid its not going to fit. The connection and screw sockets are identical to the one I have however the part number is different at the end.

Does anyone know if the whole number has to match or if the last 3 digits after the "-" matter.

I think the whole number should match. The connecter might me physically the same but electrically different.

You could try it and if it doesn't work, sell it.

yeh, i should be able to return it if it dont fit as they seem like a fairly decent company selling through ebay. They have a store up north.

Back
Top Bottom