URGENT: Ram Usage Problem

A lot of users runs their AV programs on Normal mode. If your scan shows slim to none results, reboot to Safe mode after. How to do it is by the following:

When your PC is past BIOS, hit F8 like crazy, so you'll be getting the menu for sure. Then, select Safe Mode...not with Networking or Command Prompt. Just plain Safe Mode. Then, redo the scan.

@Grantofhell; All OSes past 2000 has Safe Mode...including 7 ;)

Alright scanned twice.. one in normal mode and once in safe.. picked up 6 items the first time and removed them.

First start up after both I'm still using 55%(Ish) of my physical memory.. with just this window open to type this out and nothing else.

lol, I'm running XP with just over 200mb. I build my own Windows ISO so that I can get rid of pointless background processes.

If this has always been like this, get more RAM (and faster if you can). If it just happened, I'd do a system reformat. Wipe the HD clean and reinstall WIN. I do that every 6 months or so anyway.

EDIT That 3gb of dual channel ram. I believe they have 4, but they've dedicated 500mb-1gb to the graphics card.

@Grantofhell; All OSes past 2000 has Safe Mode...including 7 ;)

I thought the same, but I was at a friend's one time. And I attempted a boot to safe mode on his Vista loaded Dell Dimension mini and I got nothing. So I questioned it. But maybe it had some sort of lock on safe mode. Not sure.

I believe Dell Minis, you need to use the FN+F8 to enter safe mode. They've reversed it. If it's not the Dell Mini, it's another Netbook.

I've seen that on a few dells. The Function keys are used to control other things, and you have to use Fn to make them work normal. Should be the other way but eh it's dell.

Well that's weird. Unless they brought the FN+F* function on their desktop keyboards, I would wonder if the system has USB legacy mode enabled.

Back
Top Bottom