[URGENG!!] limited or no connectivity probs

bboy_romeo

Solid State Member
Ok this is really stressing me out and confusing the crap outta me!

My net works fine from my labtop upstairs using Dlinks Dl-614+ wireless card. YET! my main computer with my cable modem in the basement doesnt! (with the net)

I cant contact my Dlink Hub or fix my limited or no connectivity problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my network cards, changing cables around, checking my tcp/ip properties even setting up all the ip addresses, dns server, default gateway numbers that work from my labtop that is being sent from my modem and isp provider from my modem in the basement, but nothing works.

Does anyone hav a clue whats goin on and how to fix this??
Pls respond asap!

What OS because windows 98 and lower are REALLY fussy with wireless cards.

im running win xp

like everything was fine b4 and then all of a sudden my internet on my main computer wouldnt work yet my labtop does ! i dont get it...

you know what lurkswithin..i think you hav somethin there!

cause i rem my antispyware removed some newdotnet thing and then my main computer started f'ing up...i'll give it a try thanks

if it works i'll reply back!

While removing spyware and the likes is the number 1 cause of the stack to get messed up, it can be caused also just because of damaged files which happen all the time.
System file checker can sometimes put things back but it takes the original M$ installation disc to run it and most people only have a manufacturer restore disc so they can't do it. He came up with a utillity to just straight it out and it usually takes care of a lot of those issues.

it did nothing... i dont think it worked.
im still having that limited no connectivity going on on my main computer and my wirless net works on my labtop. i dont kno what to do..

do u think if i install that newdotnet stuff i had somehow "silently* installed my internet connection will work again? or is that just a stupid idea

:mad:NO!!!!.

Newdotnet is so nasty you don't want to get it back in your system.If you got it out you were really lucky. I have had to reformat to get rid of that thing. Just try the fix. It will either help or not. It won't hurt your system at all.

>edit< sorry didn't see your first post. let me get on track here and see what is what.

Well i see i made a mistake of having microsoft antispyware remove new.net *dammit*

and now my comp is f'ed up and i jus reformatted the other day too! dammit..
im so emailing support@new.net nasty emails here i come!

Back
Top Bottom