Upgrading

aaronvong

Baseband Member
Hey Guys,

I want to upgrade my existing system with a combo motherboard/CPU/Memory/ Video Card

Assuming that everything is going ok when reconnecting the other components (hard drive, video card, sound card, ...), how will Windows XP (already installed on the hard drive) will behave with the new motherboard/cpu?

Do I need to reinstall Windows, or will it detect and setup everything magically?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Any budget on the new parts? And yes the old hdd and sound card should work with the new mobo. Not sure about the Windows XP thing, no need to install it again if u change the vid card but I think that u might have to reinstall if u change the mobo and cpu.

How can I because I bought the computer from Compaq and I dont have a install disk for windows XP?

Heres what I'm getting:

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard NFORCE4-SLI S939

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor S939 Manchester 2Ghz 512KBX2

Memory: OCZ Premier PC3200 1GB 2X 512MB DDR400 184PIN DIMM

Video Card: BFG GeForce 7800 GT 256MB 256BIT GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV VIVO

Those new parts look great.

But as for the windows reinstalling, u just have to do it. So buy a new copy. Ofcourse there is the other way but we can't help u out with that in here.

So u need to install win XP, haven't got a cd, don't want to buy a new windows cd?

Then u are left with the other ways of getting windows.

Back
Top Bottom