Upgrading to XP - no Win 98 disk

JHawk

Beta member
I'm rebuilding my computer that fatily crashed on me about two years ago...the whole works...motherboard, CPU, drives, graphic cards, PSU, etc.. The thing is, I realized as I was installing my original UPGRADE version of Windows XP, that I'd lost my Win 98 disc that I used to install it originally.

No problem...I'd just call Microsoft, explain my situation and they'd send me the files I needed to get the program installed. After all, I'd already installed, registered, and activated the program before so they should be able to verify I wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

WRONG! Tech support was unsympathetic and despite my plea to "prove my legitimacy by giving them detailed info on my last (the crashed) system, they simply suggested I purchase a full version of the program I already rightfully owned.

Well...that just doesn't seem fair. Anyway, now I'm looking to the computer community for help before I give in to Microsofts strong arm tactics.

Are there files available for download to get my UPGRADE version of XP installed? It will still need to be activated but I think that is doable with Microsoft's help. My email address is portcapt@aol.com.

yea downloading an os is the way to go dont let microsofts fuckin greedy bastards that get overpaid and overcharge thier os which isnt that great as they make it out to. so download a fake version run it for 2 years then rub it in their faces and tell them that they are way too easy to pirate software off of and that their "New Ways to stop Piracy" SUCK BALLS@!!@!#@!#!#!@

do you know.. that xp will kill an old system like that?

Haha, he didn't say what the system is like. It probably is quite old.

And nah, I don't support Downloading Windows - but he says he has a legal XP Upgrade, so downloading Windows 2000 is merely an illegal step towards legallity.

Back
Top Bottom