Upgrading to the PNY 750 Ti OC - help ?

ashtrayz

Beta member
First before anything.

Computer Model - HP p7-1126s

Basically, if you want to know anything about my PC including the CPU , RAM , and Graphics Card you'll get everything through that.

So yeah, after a while of searching I decided I want to purchase this card.
PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards VCGGTX750T2XPB
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-G...058468&sr=1-22&keywords=nvidia+gtx+750+ti#Ask

It's had a very positive feed back, people have even said its had higher clock speeds than the GTX 750 Ti FTW, great performance for such a little card and its price. But... unfortuanatly, I researched a little more I was excited and it requires a minimum of 400W power supply.

After hours of research, I've come to decide I will be ordering this card.
Turns out the card, even the Overclocked version will work fine with my PSU.

What I even learned that this card is actually my best bet of getting and the one that'll 100 percent work with my computer.

I'll explain right now.
It does not have a PCIE power connector which means it gets all of its power from the 75W PCIE slot.

So basically, it won't even need to use any extra power from the PSU. Which is great.

What I need to find out is where I can find this "PCEI" inside my computer. I don't know where to look for or what to look for since I don't have a clue what it looks like.

Since my research multiple people, have already confirmed that the PNY 750 Ti OC will work on 300PSU , I was thinking I'll just spend a couple more buck and get the OC instead, it'll be worth it and I am guessing it will last me a while.

One last question.

Since I am new still to upgrading cards, I heard all these shanagins about adapters HDMI, Micro HDMI, for the graphics card and I'm just hella confused.

Don't you plug in and install the card, and that's it? Just use your computer how you always did no need for no special cabel for the monitor or nothing?

Or does it depend, because in the product details of the card it says

" Connectors: DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI mini "

What I am currently using to connect my computer to my HDMI/VGA monitor is the DVI-D port from my desktop. I am using a DVI-D male to HDMI male cable. Always have been.

" In the Box: GeForce GTX 750 graphics card, Quick Installation Guide, Installation DVD, One DVI-to-VGA adapter "

So the DVI to VGA adapter will be pretty much useless since I don't even have DVI ends on my computer.

Anyways the question is, am I good to go? Won't need nothing special for my monitor or computer.

Just correctly install the card, install the drivers and I'm good to go?

Alright thanks.

Don't bother with the OC version.

The card should run fine in your machine with the 300w PSU.

Look here, the black PCI-E slot on the board is where the card pug into.
HP Support document - HP Support Center

The DVI cable for your monitor will plug into the DVI port on the card instead of the motherboard when installed.

When you get the card in the mail you'll need to uninstall your current graphics drivers, use DDU, turn machine off, install 750ti, then install Nvidia drivers from their website.

Back
Top Bottom