Upgrading my CPU, need suggestions

Mack4044

Solid State Member
I currently run an AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.20 GHz, I need something with greater GHz so that I can meet the specs for a few video games. Anybody have any suggestions on which processor I should upgrade to that would be compatible with my motherboard?

Attachments

• attachment7.png
    attachment7.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 3
@TechnoChicken
Thanks man that's already extremely helpful information for my shopping, much appreciated! 100% service rating.

So if the requirement for this game is 2.4 to 2.5 GHz, should I buy one with 3.0 GHz, the higher number meaning more powerful? I'm new to this sorta thing.

What is your budget and what do you do with your computer? That is very old tech and it would be easier in the long run to think about building a new machine or at least the core (CPU/Mobo/Ram) if your PSU and graphics are decent.

Budget isn't to bad, hoping something mid-grade would be able to run that game. I'm not sure what a PSU is, but I'm definitely willing to upgrade RAM aswell, if the requirement is 8GB I should have at least 10GB of RAM right? My graphics seem pretty good I haven't had trouble with them, I can always upgrade that last if neccessary.

Usually ram is replaced 2 sticks at a time. I.E. 2x4GB or 2x8GB. have odd numbers makes for issues with the computer sometimes. So it's easier to stick with what works. PSU is your power supply. Is what your using a prebuilt? (bought at a store/website)

Back
Top Bottom