Upgrading Motherboard

I have a 775 ready socket mobo. it's got two ddr2 slots. fairly decent mobo. I just recently upgraded my motherboard. So i have no use for this one. It also has a pretty good core 2 duo on it. dual core 2.0 ghz. and has a nice cooling fan on it as well. if u want, i'll sell it real heap to you. let me know.

Hmm ok, I am thinking of building once the money tree grows or falls out of the sky :rofl: lols

Personally i would build a new one, but it's up to you.
maybe you can use some of the parts in the Aspire 500 to your new build to save a little cash.
maybe the HDD and ODD. the PSU could properly also be used again if you don't build a power house of a machine.

Or better yet.. put linux (may i suggest Lubuntu) on that aspire and watch it become 3 years faster.

Personally i would build a new one, but it's up to you.
maybe you can use some of the parts in the Aspire 500 to your new build to save a little cash.
maybe the HDD and ODD. the PSU could properly also be used again if you don't build a power house of a machine.

Or better yet.. put linux (may i suggest Lubuntu) on that aspire and watch it become 3 years faster.

HDD defiantly, Linux is a thought and turning it into a sever for the old girl, When I get the money I might do an i3-i5 to start, We'll see what happens down the track, I must start saving up, What kind of budget do you guys think I could do it on?

Hmm ok, I am thinking of building once the money tree grows or falls out of the sky :rofl: lols

Ok. I was extremely lucky, I got my processor, ram, and mobo for $60.. Valued (at used prices) about $260... 6Gb DDR2 G-Skill blue ($60-70) CPU AMD x3 ii 2.8 ghz, ($90-110) te the gigabyte (i forgot now) is about $100. So I was Extremely lucky. Maybe you can find a deal somewhat alike. :) And I Think if you want an i5-i7, and a motherboard that is good and holds that. and then u'd need a new GPU, so i'd say around $500. give or take a little.

Last edited:
Ok. I was extremely lucky, I got my processor, ram, and mobo for $60.. Valued (at used prices) about $260... 6Gb DDR2 G-Skill blue ($60-70) CPU AMD x3 ii 2.8 ghz, ($90-110) te the gigabyte (i forgot now) is about $100. So I was Extremely lucky. Maybe you can find a deal somewhat alike. :) And I Think if you want an i5-i7, and a motherboard that is good and holds that. and then u'd need a new GPU, so i'd say around $500. give or take a little.

I have hdds so I am right there, Ram not sure. You can build pcs these days heaps cheap these days so it should be good..

if you already have a mobo that supports the Core2 family, why change the motherboard?
you won't really gain much benefits from changing the motherboard only.
if you want a new motherboard you should go with a newer up to date one and get a core i3 or something.

In saying that an i3-i5 would be fine for me as I would only be using it for minecraft, school work and other miscellaneous tasks.

ohh yeah. it will do fine for that.
i can't imagine mindcraft using much GPU power, so i think the inbuilt GPU alone will be enough to handle mindcraft.
i don't play mindcraft myself, so anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom