Upgrading mobo+cpu

Thank you for your reply!
Indeed, most of the time, my comp can handle pubg just fine, but sometimes the game starts to stutter to the point of being unplayable.

What exactly do you recommend for the refreshing of the software?

T.

Since you thought about a new computer you probably don't have a problem with formatting the current one. Do a clear format and see.

Also make sure internal parts are clean. Loss of performance is usually because of overheating. Use a monitoring software like MSI Afterburner and check the CPU and GPU temps right after the stuttering starts. You should have a short living record around that if you quit and check soon. This will tell if one is overheating.

Always clean inside with an air compressor once a year. Dust causes overheating and in some cases shorting which means end of life to the part.

SG, you may do well with the OCed 3570 and all that but it's old already. Still uses DDR3 mems as well. I think the OP is better off going the AMD route with DDR4 mems.

OP, look at my profile and see my system specs. It is very capable.

Yes, that's another way to think of it.

Mine is that if it ain't broke (it's really giving me more than I need, mind you), don't fix it. Old isn't an objective reason. And we're talking PUBG level after all. Unless I just wanna upgrade just because, and I don't have a worry about economy ;)

OP: when it comes to CPU's, I'm not an AMD guy, so if you by any chance consider Intel, try to not get less than the 8th Gen.; e.g. i5 8400. Starting then, number of cores increased.

I have another PC with the i5-3570 and it's a good back up. I have it on dual boot with Win 7 and Kubuntu. Not OCed though as it's not a K model.

I disabled the OC for sometime now. The game I'm playing doesn't like it. Still working just fine since the game is old and not demanding (Torchlight 2). OCing this CPU really isn't helping if it's not for demanding games.

People underestimate CPU's these days. CPU's can live up to 5 years without showing age within the performance of their classes and even more than that with good management and optimizations. Only extreme no-risk critical usage could require an upgrade every so often. 1080p 60 FPS non demanding gaming is fine with 5-7 years old CPU's. And I have enough experience with demanding games to say so. NFS Heat or Mass Effect Andromeda, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom