Upgrading mobo+cpu

Tokarev

Solid State Member
HI all,

I would like to hear your opinion about Gigabyte X570 mobo with Ryzen 3600x?

Currently, my build is: ATX mid tower, Gigabyte pro 650 Wt power supply, 16Gb Corsair RAM, Radon 580 8GB gpu, Gigabyte B85 HD3 mobo with Intel i5 4430 cpu.

Motherboard and cpu are what is left from my original build in 2013. As of now, even with good gaming card and plenty of RAM, my comp can't even handle PUBG. The game is all super glitchy and barely playable.

What do you think about the upgrade?

Thank you,
T.

Or do you think I should just to upgrade cpu only? To, lets say, i7 6700k?
I'm reading a lot of negative reviews about x570 mobo -like bios doesn't properly start, and so on.

I don't think I have enough skill and patience to deal with possible issues.

It would be well worth the upgrade, but you will also have to have new RAM as your current setup is using DDR3 and the AM4 boards/CPUs all use DDR4.

I am currently running a 3600X in an AsRock X570 Extreme4 WiFi board. I upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1600 so it wasn't a huge jump other than moving from a B350 board to the X570. Before that I was running a FX-8320 and the jump to the 1600 was HUGE. With you running an i5 4430 the speed difference will blow you away.

Or do you think I should just to upgrade cpu only? To, lets say, i7 6700k?
I'm reading a lot of negative reviews about x570 mobo -like bios doesn't properly start, and so on.

I don't think I have enough skill and patience to deal with possible issues.

The only issue I have had with my board was trying to get a PCI-E extension cable to work with it. The issue turned out the be that there aren't any PCIE x4 extensions cables out yet. I set my PCIE to x3 and it works just fine.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!
Do you know if the board comes with spacers? I remember back in '13, there was one week delay because I had to shop for spacers and wait for the shipment.

Good catch on DDR-3 RAM.

Have you seen any good combos on the internet - board+cpu+ram. Im looking to save some money.

What if I simply upgrade to i7 4770? This will save me money and hussle - I didn't really want to waste my DDR3 Corsair RAM that I paid 90$ for, just a year ago.

Thank you,
T.

I think I decided to invest a little more and do a major upgrade. LGA-1150 socket is so outdated, there is no way I could do a decent upgrade.

So, I am picking X570 with Ryzen 5 3600x.

Now I need a bit of advice on what type of RAM to purchase. My budget for RAM is $100. I am struggling to pick the one with correct sequence.

Any ideas?

T.

Ryzen loves faster RAM, much more so than Intel. You want to go with at least 8GB, more if you want to game.

I decided to go with G.SKILL TridentZ RGB series. it's $99 on newegg.com

Thank you all who replied!

Stay safe and play some games!

T.

Motherboard and cpu are what is left from my original build in 2013. As of now, even with good gaming card and plenty of RAM, my comp can't even handle PUBG. The game is all super glitchy and barely playable.

Before you jump to it, is that what it's about?

I'm on an i5 3570k and it can handle even GTA5 and NFS Heat smoothly. It only starts showing age with video cards better than GTX 1660 Ti. If you only game on games like PUBG at 60 FPS then your setup should be fine. Try refreshing you computer software wise first and try. Unless there's some hardware problems, that is. If that's the case then and upgrade, or rather a fix, is the way to go.

Sorry for the late reply. Stay safe!

Before you jump to it, is that what it's about?

I'm on an i5 3570k and it can handle even GTA5 and NFS Heat smoothly. It only starts showing age with video cards better than GTX 1660 Ti. If you only game on games like PUBG at 60 FPS then your setup should be fine. Try refreshing you computer software wise first and try. Unless there's some hardware problems, that is. If that's the case then and upgrade, or rather a fix, is the way to go.

Sorry for the late reply. Stay safe!

Thank you for your reply!
Indeed, most of the time, my comp can handle pubg just fine, but sometimes the game starts to stutter to the point of being unplayable.

What exactly do you recommend for the refreshing of the software?

T.

Back
Top Bottom