Upgrading graphics card

Rennard

Banned
The PSU is garbage. If you put it in your computer, expect it to explode and take out everything. Brands I recommend are corsair, cooler master, antec, OCZ, PC power & cooling, and seasonic. I'd get one around 600 watts unless you plan on adding a second card later.

Also, what is your resolution? Unless it's very large, you should consider getting the 1GB 6950 to save money.

What the heck kind of PSU calculator are you using? 800 watts is way overkill unless you have like multiple i7s on a server board or multiple video cards or something.

And yes, 1GB would be plenty for a single 1920x1080 monitor, but since you already have two, I highly recommend you look into AMD eyefinity. Basically, you buy a third monitor, and it lets you game across all three of them. If you do this, definitely get the 2GB card.

I used the asus psu calculator, and it came out with a reading of 700w, but advised to get one over this.

foothead knows what he's talking about, and I concur. 800 watts for that build is overkill for your needs as posted.

Back
Top Bottom