Upgrading from 9 year old build

I only use one and have for a while. Use a Type C to Type B cable that goes to a powered USB3 hub. My Yeti, camera, M/KB, Streamdeck, etc are all plugged in there behind my monitor. Nothing else is plugged into my board except an external drive.

Apple is really into the whole "one port does all" with the new macbooks having nothing but USB-C (or thunderbolt as they call it) on the new macbooks. The question is in 5 years will there be nothing but USB-C?

Got all the parts in and everything setup, so thanks to everyone who helped me out with the ideas! The only issues I'm having so far is that when using the Nox emulator, the entire computer locks up when I run macros/scripts -- about 5 minutes into the script running. No idea how to troubleshoot something like that since there aren't any error messages.

Also, while the curved 27" is nice, maybe I'm getting too old, so it is a bit small to see stuff in full 2560x1440 mode, so I had to set back to 1920x1080 mode for now. So not sure I'll get full value from it this way - maybe should have gone with a 32" or something.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
That's what scaling is for, especially if it's just text you're having trouble seeing. I have 20/20 vision (so far still knock on wood) and I need at least 150% scaling for a 4k screen even at 65".

I always like the resolution up at the max because it gives me more screen real estate. But to be fair none of my screens are over 1080p

Last edited:
That's what scaling is for, especially if it's just text you're having trouble seeing. I have 20/20 vision (so far still knock on wood) and I need at least 150% scaling for a 4k screen even at 65".

I'll play with the scaling, thanks.

Does anyone have that same Samsung 27" Curved monitor? I'm trying to figure out how to tilt it back and forward, as it shows in the manual, but when I try it feels like it will break before it tilts.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with two different Samsung tech support guys (mainly on hold) and they said they can't help with this kind of thing over the phone. Can't say I'm thrilled with Samsung support at this point. One guy tried charging me for the support saying my monitor was out of warranty -- I asked him if the warranty was shorter than 2 days!!!

is there abolt or screw to adjust?

There are a couple screws at the bottom near where it might pivot. I can try those, but the manual doesn't indicate anything about it.

Edit: I basically had to take apart the bottom part of the stand mechanism and loosen the screws a bit. Working now, thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom